Pittsburg, KS- Iowa Western men's team put together another great performance at the Pitt State Invitationals this past Saturday. The men's team saw three national qualifying performances in a competition that featured some of the best Division 2 and Junior College athletes in the nation.
- Denzel Downing finished 9th in the men's 60mh with a personal best of 8.33
- Chevannie Hanson finished 8th in a loaded field of the men's 400m dash, that time ranks him 8th in the nation in this event.
- Jacobi Agee finished 13th in the 400m qualifying him for nationals. Cobi is ranked 16th in the 400m in the nation.
- Kassim Kibet ran a qualifying time in the men's mile with a time of 4:22.32 that ranks him 12th in the nation.
- Jaquon Burns put together another personal best performance finishing 18th with a time of 8.54
- Aldo Zavala finished 5th in his heat of the men's mile with a personal best time of 4:29.30
- The men's DMR of Aldo Zavala, Gavin Klein, David Gamble, and Kassim Kibet barely missed qualifying with a time of 10:41.24.
- Johnnie Jean-Jaques had a big personal best in the men's Shot Put with a throw of 14.23 (46.08.25) he was .40cm from qualifying in this event.
The Reivers are back in action next weekend at the Frank Sevigne Invite at the University of Nebraska and the Fred Beile Invite at Doane University.